Dark potato chip cookies are a new twist on a tried and true favorite …
This recipe is easy to follow and actually quite adaptable according to your tastes. Before we drill down into the ingredients needed, let’s talk about why you should consider using dark potato chips to make these cookies …
As you probably know, this is a “sweet and salty” recipe. The sweetness of the cookies balances with the potato chip saltiness. Using dark potato chips adds a greater depth of flavor. Lots of folks like “well done” cookies! You’ll get the “well done” flavor without worrying about burning the cookies from having them in the oven too long …
Dark Potato Chip Cookies: Ingredients You Need To Make 36 Cookies
1. In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugars together
2. Mix in the eggs, flour, and baking powder. Blend together completely.
3. Stir in the dark potato chips and butterscotch (or chocolate) chips. Make sure everything is evenly mixed together.
4. Grease a cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray or butter and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
5. Form one inch slightly flattened balls from the dough mixture … you’ll get about three dozen (36).
6. Place each individual ball on your cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are slightly browned.
Summary: Dark Potato Chip Cookies
This is a great home baked recipe that works if you’re pressed for time. The dark potato chips give the cookies a new dimension and will spotlight your baking creativity!
Store your cookies in an air tight sealed container and they’ll last a week or more …
Do you have a dark potato chip recipe you’d like to share? Reach out to us!