If you love chicken tenders as much as we do, you’ll love dark potato chip chicken tenders because … why not?
Before we spill all the details, first let’s tell you what we mean by “chicken tenders” …
When we refer to chicken tenders, we really mean strips of chicken breast. You can in fact use chicken tenders, which are typically sold on their own in the store. Remember though, packaged individual chicken tenders are really just a side of the chicken breast that’s sliced and packaged separately …
That said, the two terms (sliced chicken breast and chicken tenders) are interchangeable for this recipe. Use either one you wish, or have on hand. Convenience rules!
Dark Potato Chip Chicken Tenders – IngredientsThis recipe serves two comfortably …
– 3/4 pound of sliced chicken strips
– salt and pepper to taste
– one egg
– 1/4 cup milk
– 3 cups of dark potato chips
– A cookie sheet lined with foil.
What To Do
1. Season your chicken strips sparingly with cracked pepper and a pinch or two of salt.
2. In a small bowl, whisk an egg and the milk together to create a coating for the chicken. Set aside.
3. Crush the dark potato chips. To do this, we like to place them in a zip lock bag and roll over the bag with a rolling pin.
4. Pour the crushed chips into a bowl.
5. Dredge each chicken strip in the egg/milk coating, then roll each strip in the dark potato chips until well coated.
6. Spray your foil lined pan lightly with non stick cooking spray.
7. Place the coated chicken strips in a row on your cookie sheet (a general use pizza pan works well too).
8. Place the sheet in a preheated 400 degree oven. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once at the 10 minute mark.
That’s all there is to it! Remove the dark potato chips chicken tenders from the oven and you’re ready to enjoy …
We like to serve this dish with a dipping sauce. A mustard based sauce works well, as does a good barbecue sauce. You can serve this dish as an appetizer, or even as the main course with a roasted vegetable on the side …
Dark potato chips are incredibly versatile and obviously can be used in any recipe calling for potato chips. The dark chips add another dimension to these recipes by offering a deeper, richer flavor. You’ll notice the difference!
We hope you like this recipe for dark potato chip chicken tenders and it becomes one of your go-to convenience dishes. Let us know of your favorite dark potato chip recipes by reaching out to us at our Contact page …